I will admit I was always terrified of scary movies. Might have something to do with that hipster friend I had when I was 8. You know, before being a hipster was even a thing. Just a kid with Spice Girls tickets and an awesome loft with the parents never home. I think I was slightly intimidated by her so when she recommended we watch Chucky I was all in. Bad idea. I was scarred for life. Finally worked up the courage to watch The Sixth Sense when I was 13. Also scared the crap out of me. Then 5 years later I found out Marissa Cooper was that scary little girl. So I regained my courage and have
loved liked scary movies since. (Still don’t terrified of the ones about ghosts though)
Halloween is the perfect time to either rewatch your favorite horror flicks or to brave it and give them a try.
HERE’S 15 OF MY FAVORITES:
1. Hocus Pocus: I know, not a horror movie whatsoever. But this movie is a childhood classic and is always amazing.
2. Nightmare Before Christmas: Again, not horror, I know. But also a childhood classic that you get to watch twice a year!
3. Saw series: Suspenseful, twists, kinda gory.
4. Scream series: Just amazing. Cult favorite. Not scary though.
5. Silence of the Lambs: Considered one of the all time best scary movies.
6. Hannibal: The prequel to Silence of the Lambs.
7. Blair Witch Project: Changed the way horror movies were filmed.
8. The Shining: Also considered one of the best scary movies of all time. Jack Nicholas is amazing in this.
9. Carrie: A classic. Now with a new version in theaters.
10. Poltergeist: A classic also. Older movie
11. Psycho: Classic & older
12. The Sixth Sense: I was terrified. But this is one of those scary movies that isn’t just things popping out at you. It was a genuinely amazing story line.
13. The Others: Suspenseful and has a great twist at the end.
14. Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Scary scary scary
15. The Exorcist: A classic. Pretty old which makes it somewhat funny at parts.
* ALSO watch American Horror Story ! !
As I said I’m new to scary movies… s o h a v e a n y s u g g e s t i o n s ?